Says it all. Adventures of a first time mom with her ever growing little boy named Ziggy. Doing this to chronicle our little boy's life and to share whatever I can to other moms. I know it's always helpful hearing firsthand experiences from other moms, this is my part :)

Monday, September 08, 2008

Curiosity burned the hand..

I mean it literally.

My little one was hanging out with one of my sisters who was chatting with our house helper, who was ironing clothes (lol -- that's a long string).

Ziggy is definitely aware that there are certain things he shouldn't touch or go to because they're dangerous. He knows what dangerous means now.

For some reason he really wanted to test our warnings so while the iron was idle, put upright, he decided to GRAB it!

Oh the wailing and whining is endless!

He has burnt all but one finger in his right hand, they're not too big but they hurt for a 4-year old of course. Since it's been a long time we've had a kid burnt (lol that didn't sound right) I didn't know exactly what the right thing to do.

There was my mom to the rescue with her "magic toothpaste" remedy. For some reason that's the first aid I've gotten used to while growing up only finding out later on in my adult life that it's actually not a good idea. It might worsen the burn or infect it.

Soon as I got my son I placed his hand under running water --- NOT ICE! I learned that the hard way :p The water washed away my mom's magic toothpaste remedy and calmed the little one a bit. But of course nothing takes away the pain of burnt skin. I scrambled for first aid instructions online but unfortunately, there really isn't any remedy for it but running water for about 5 minutes and well, leaving it alone.

Good thing we had ibuprofen for kids so somehow it alleviated the pain, match that with a disney animated movie and sooner rather than later, he's forgotten the pain.

We wrapped his hand in gauze loosely and he fell asleep soon. the following day, there were no more complaints, he was actually playing happily already.

ahhh kids. You can keep warning them but they will always have that urge -- curiousity.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home