Says it all. Adventures of a first time mom with her ever growing little boy named Ziggy. Doing this to chronicle our little boy's life and to share whatever I can to other moms. I know it's always helpful hearing firsthand experiences from other moms, this is my part :)

Saturday, July 26, 2008

When Little Boys are Sick

My aunts would always tell me how my late grandmother would've enjoyed having Ziggy, my son, around. My grandmother always loved having little boys around, especially little boys as hyper and energetic as this one. Her only reason is that it's easy to know or detect when they're sick.


Well, true enough, it has proven helpful to me in detecting if Ziggy's feeling anything.


Today, he wasn't as hyper as he would usually be. He started lying down and watching TV around 9am and then when my mom hugged him, my mom told me he felt kinda warm. When I checked and he is HOT! He started lying down, his eyes started to droop and then he asked for his milk.


He was still a little playful for a few more minutes until he finally succomb to the bed and slept for a good 2 hours. Gave him paracetamol with his milk and his fever subsided.


Then he was Hyper again! How and why should you stop a kid wanting to play even if you know they just came from a fever?? *sigh*


We went to do the groceries and he was running around and he didn't feel warm at all, then we had dinner. Towards the end of the dinner he was starting to look different again and his eyes were getting droopy. When I felt him he was getting warm again. Until we got the bill and he said he wanted to sit on my lap. He was HOT again!


Good thing I had a bottle of milk with paracetamol for a just in case...


He's in bed now after drinking the milk and he's a bit irritable, he woke up a few minutes ago whining about his sweat, which was caused by the paracetamol (which is good!) and hopefully he gets a good night's sleep.


I really am praying this is nothing serious because it's been a long time since he got sick and he has been hospitalized twice already before -- both before his birthday (2nd and 3rd). I'm also a bit scared because it's Dengue Fever season. Definitely one of the most traumatic experiences my family has had -- 2 youngest sisters on ICU for this virus and one almost died.


Of course I'm praying hard that's not his case.. or anything else serious.


Do pray with me that this is just a regular fever growing kids go through... :) The house is not the same without his hyper-active, hyper-drive self.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home