Says it all. Adventures of a first time mom with her ever growing little boy named Ziggy. Doing this to chronicle our little boy's life and to share whatever I can to other moms. I know it's always helpful hearing firsthand experiences from other moms, this is my part :)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Talk about supermommy!

When we say super moms we usually associate it with moms balancing work, kids, husband and social life altogether in a well, graceful and maybe even elegant manner.



How about a 17 year old teenager with 7 kids?!? super mom in a different sense!



I read this here and was astounded! How can a 17 year old have 7 kids already?? As luck would have it (you decide wether it's good or bad luck), she had 2 sets of triplets! But Wait! there's more! all these births (can't say kids) are of different fathers.



Sheesh. Sometimes I don't know if I should be looking at her or the parents. She lives with her parents when she had her first child at the age of -- guess what? -- 14! That alone would've prompted the parents to do something. Then she had a set of triplets at age of 15, then another set at the age of 16!



The article talks about how contraceptives are not too easy to get by in Argentina, not enough government fundings. Somehow is the same here in the Philippines but not quite. I know condoms here are cheap and I'm pretty sure a lot of people are using them.



Furtheremore I'm pretty sure that after having one child, it often prompts the parents or the teenager herself to stop and learn from it...



Now I'm not up for abortion AT ALL, but I do support contraceptives no matter what the Philippine church says. It's preventive measures and it's just healthy and responsible.



It's disappointing and sometimes disheartening knowing that she's still a kid herself and her children are oh so cute but how will she ever be able to feed them after her parents or other relatives can't anymore. Sheesh, she looked like she's just their older sister!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home