Says it all. Adventures of a first time mom with her ever growing little boy named Ziggy. Doing this to chronicle our little boy's life and to share whatever I can to other moms. I know it's always helpful hearing firsthand experiences from other moms, this is my part :)

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Angelina Jolie -- the mom

I was bloghopping today and hopped onto this post of Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt's family pictures. All 6 kids (yes including the famous-before-birth-twins) and of course the most beautiful parents in the world :p

I keep thinking about reasons why Angelina Jolie would adopt Maddox before, a lot speculated it's a publicity stunt, a very dangerous stunt if I may say. Then again, Jolie was still a bit known for her notorious attitude then - the young Billy Bob Thornton other half who would french kiss in public.

I was afraid the poor cambodian kid would only be abandoned or live a very "hollywood" life. Obviously, I was reading the book by its cover. Now that she (and partner Bradd Pitt)have a total of 6 beautiful kids, it's pretty obvious she really wanted children. Maybe Maddox was "experimental", maybe she really wanted to sort of revamp her life and be a mom.

When I looked at the pictures from that post (see link up there) I saw a wonderful family. Looks like she (and Pitt) has done a wonderful job raising multi-cultural kids. Sure they didn't grow up knowing their real cultures, but the pysical appearance alone should prompt them to ask quite a few questions.

I know these kids were also born in different countries and would go with their parents all over the world too so they KNOW different countries have different cultures and different physical appearances.

The mix of their colors on that one family picture they had (Maddox and Shiloh were lying down) is one of the most beautiful mix I've ever seen. Especially knowing that this is just one family.

Their kids will definitely be a new generation of Human Rights Advocates and no doubt will fight against Racism.

Whether Jolie started this as a publicity stunt or not, what matters now is how she's bringing these kids up which I assume is just awesome. I guess maybe, except for all the luxury they have, they would be growing up knowing so much that the typical 1st-world-country-child would. they go to Africa with their parents on some of their missions/advocacies -- need they explain more?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home