Says it all. Adventures of a first time mom with her ever growing little boy named Ziggy. Doing this to chronicle our little boy's life and to share whatever I can to other moms. I know it's always helpful hearing firsthand experiences from other moms, this is my part :)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't Tell Me What To Do...

The other day while the little rascal was jumping up and down the bed and throwing things to the wall (including poor ol' Woody & Buzz) I reprimanded him and told him NOT to jump.

He didn't seem to hear me so I repeated myself.

Would you believe it he shushed me and put his hand up to me as if to say wait.

The next words were something I NEVER Expected to hear...

"Don't tell me what to do" he said it pretty calmly and carefully so I didn't know what to make of it!

I wanted to both laugh and get mad at him for saying that to his mom!

Then again I realized, he probably doesn't understand the impact of those words especially when a child is saying it to his/her parent. I honestly didn't know what to say. It was difficult to regain composure and calmly tell him you are telling him the right thing to do and that from now, until he has a better understanding of right from wrong, mommy will say what he has to do.

I couldn't wrap my head around it. I tried to think of places or shows maybe movies he's watched where he heard those words, but I'm pretty sure there's none especially since we're together everyday for the past 3 weeks. Then I realized he probably heard it from another kid in school.

You can't control everything your child hears, watches or sees!

*sigh* kids do say the darndest things...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home