Says it all. Adventures of a first time mom with her ever growing little boy named Ziggy. Doing this to chronicle our little boy's life and to share whatever I can to other moms. I know it's always helpful hearing firsthand experiences from other moms, this is my part :)

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Parenting a parent (huh?)

How many times have you irked at how your mum would tell you how to be a parent??

I've had so much of those the past week when my child was sick and ooooohhhh I sometimes just couldn't stand it!

For a few months at a time, my parents were in Australia leaving me and my sisters alone most of the time since long distance phone calls were expensiv and they wouldn't bother learning how to IM

Whenever that was true, i was a peaceful and happy mommy even when my child was sick. Sure, it's nice to have another parent nearby when things like these come up especially since I've only been a mother for as long as my child has been living but, it's only nice if they only tell you when asked.

My dearest mother on the other hand would be bugging me every hour to ask how his fever is and would constantly ask me to bring my son to the doctor after only 24 hours of on and off fever. She of all people in the house should know (after 4 kids!!) that we don't have to bring them to the doctor unless the fever's been persisitent the past 72 hours OR there's an accompanying symptom (aside from colds) -- none of those were true so I didn't really panic as much as she did.

Sure her concern was touching but you do get irritated at times. A part of you feels as if you're being understimated as a mom, a part of you feels as if you're completely ignored at all!

When I do leave my kid to her for even just an hour when I need to run errands or go to church, I'd find out she's done a dozen other things already to the kid -- mostly non-detrimental to his health, but still annoying to the mom

ayayayayay..

you know that the intentions are pure and just concerned for their one and only godson (and only "son" for that matter), but how do you stop them and assure them you DO CARE for your son!

I hope I won't do this to my son or (possible daughter?) when I become a grandma..

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home