Says it all. Adventures of a first time mom with her ever growing little boy named Ziggy. Doing this to chronicle our little boy's life and to share whatever I can to other moms. I know it's always helpful hearing firsthand experiences from other moms, this is my part :)

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kids and Clowns

I don't know about you but Clowns, freak me out! I don't know which started -- happy clowns that started to create phobias with kids, or just some really freaky clowns that were meant to scare.

I know there are quite a few movies that used clowns to freak the audience out -- err.. Stephen King's IT for example.

Since I was a kid, Clowns have always freaked me out, much like any huge mascot did... the difference is that while I was growing older, I grew fond of mascots and I realized they're just huge pile of cloth and cardboards and stuff worn by another person. Clowns on the other hand still freaked me out! which is funny because clowns ARE people with only make up and colorful clothes on.

Anyway, I'm saying this because last saturday was my youngest cousin's 7th birthday and her mom hired 2 clowns to host the program and well... half the kids ran to their mommies and daddies scared of the clowns!

In the end, they had to start the party with only umm less than 10 kids because the rest either stayed inside the house or went home (they were neighbors :p) instead. My older cousins -- the teens hahah -- had to "sub" for the other kids and played with the smaller ones because otherwise, it would've been boring.

I actually thought Ziggy would freak out too! But he didn't! I wasn't sure if his shades helped him (he wore his shades all throughout the party hahah) or he just didn't think clowns were freaky because he watches this show "Jojo Circus" at Playhouse Disney Channel.


He's actually cool with the clowns! :p

What is it with clowns??

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home